We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in human resources.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of an HR professional, in a busy, faced-paced environment. Working with a supportive team around you, the role will equip you with skills that will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and a career in HR in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Liaise with employees across the business, from site operatives to directors, to provide support on any issues.
- Support the recruitment process including the production of job adverts, dealing with applications, organising interviews and assisting in the delivery of inductions.
- Helping employees utilise their benefits, including private health care and the ‘Cycle to Work’ scheme.
- Keeping records of absence, monitoring the ‘return to work’ process.
- Run reports on holidays, working time, absences and timesheets and provide data for management reports on such topics.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- Great teamwork skills – you’ll be a key part of the HR team – but you’ll need to be able to work independently too and have the ability to prioritise your workload effectively.
- A strong work ethic.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office and a basic understanding of other IT systems.
- Good communication skills – you’ll be speaking to people at all levels of the business!
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time business-related degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for full details of our HR placement. We've also put together a profile of a recent HR placement student, which can be found here.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placement FAQs page.