Quantity Surveying Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in quantity surveying.
You’ll join our commercial team, managing all costs relating to construction projects. You’ll have the opportunity to take responsibility for most aspects of the role of a QS within construction, from conception through to the design and build and on to completion.
Careers in quantity surveying are for those with a practical mind and strong numerical and financial management skills. Placements with us really do stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Monitor both current and future costs, whilst preparing payments and internal cost reports and identifying and recording any changes.
- Manage relationships with a range of different parties to ensure we meet deadlines.
- Help us maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Create monthly valuations of works and make applications for payment.
- ‘Take off’ quantities from drawings and preparing bills.
- Prepare and check cost estimates.
- Send enquires and manage subcontract order for procurement needs on site.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- The ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Confidence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- Good basic IT skills, especially MS Excel.
- Good communication skills – you’ll need to build a rapport with colleagues across the business, as well as clients and our supply chain.
- The ability to handle a variety of tasks at once and manage your time to suit.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time relevant degree in a subject such as quantity surveying, construction management, business or maths and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for full details of our quantity surveying placement. We've also put together a profile of a recent quantity surveying placement student, which can be found here.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placement FAQs page.