Civil Engineering Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in civil engineering.
Civil engineering at JN Bentley is hands-on from day one; with a very supportive team behind you, you will have the opportunity to work out on site and within the design office environment and the role will grow as your confidence and skills improve over the year.
Placements with us really do stand you in good stead for to tackle your last year at university and the world of work in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Marking, levelling out and surveying sites, as well as applying designs and plans and other construction-related activity.
- Liaise with clients and other key stakeholders.
- Work closely with our design colleagues at Mott MacDonald.
- Construction design management.
- Prepare completion documents.
- Help us maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Assist with production of estimates and costs.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour
- The ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Confidence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- The willingness to learn – placements are not only a great way to apply what you’ve already learned in your studies, but pick up a whole raft of new skills too.
- IT skills - some working knowledge of 2D/3D CAD software is essential.
- Commercial awareness is desirable – but not a necessity.
- Good communication skills – these will help you build a rapport with colleagues, the client and the supply chain alike.
- A good understanding of basic engineering practices.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time civil engineering (or similar) degree and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for full details of our civil engineering placement.
We've also put together a profile of a recent civil engineering placement student, which can be found here.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placement FAQs page.