We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in accountancy.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of the accountant in a busy, faced-paced environment. The role will grow organically over the year and, as your confidence and skills improve, you’ll take on added responsibility that will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Gain a real insight into accounts and finance.
- Assist in the preparation and production of accounts, including monthly management accounts.
- Maintain accurate payments, receipts records and audit costing systems.
- Manage payments of monthly expenses and subsistence.
- Produce overhead account analysis and reports.
- Assist with employee requests and provide support on any issues.
- Assist with some administrative responsibilities.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- The ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Confidence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- Good basic IT skills, especially in MS Excel.
- A friendly, polite approach to work, with great communication skills – the team is supporting the business and its people after all!
- Good organisation and time management skills.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time business/finance-related degree, and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for further details on our Accounting Placement.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placements FAQs page.