Civil Engineering | Graduate Scheme
Part of the Mott MacDonald Group, we work with major clients in the water industry and beyond, delivering full feasibility, design, construction and commissioning on challenging schemes.
We’re currently looking for talented graduate civil engineers with excellent communication skills to join our teams.
Civil engineering at JN Bentley is hands-on from day one; with a very supportive team behind you, you will have the opportunity to work out on site and within the design office environment, and be given every opportunity to develop your skills through our development scheme which ties in with the ICE.
What you'll do:
- Set out and survey site, as well as apply designs and plans, spending time both on site and within the design office.
- Work closely with our design colleagues at Mott MacDonald.
- Manage client, subcontractor and other key stakeholder relationships, and be a key player in team meetings.
- Construction design management and other key activities.
- Undertake walkover assessments.
- Ensure quality is maintained throughout.
- Help us maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Prepare and compile completion documents.
- Provide input and support into health, safety and environmental policy, including assistance with inductions, challenging unsafe acts, attending training and complying with company safety rules.
- Be offered key training and opportunities for development.
What you'll bring:
- Confidence, motivation and an ability to handle multiple tasks.
- A strong work ethic and a keen eye for meeting the needs of the client.
- An understanding of engineering practices and industry software such as 2D/3D CAD.
- The skills to work both independently and in a team.
- Good IT skills and commercial awareness, with an appreciation of civil engineering design and construction.
- And some paperwork: a degree in a relevant subject within the last three years, plus a full UK driving license.
Take a look at our graduate civil engineering advert – here.
to hear what it’s really like to work for JN Bentley? See what our previous graduates are saying
about the scheme – here.
If you are graduating and think this scheme is for you, you can view and apply online.