Mechanical Engineering Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in mechanical engineering.
Mechanical engineering at JN Bentley is hands-on from day one and as your skills and confidence improve over the year your responsibilities will increase. With a very supportive team behind you, you will have the opportunity to work out on site and within the design office environment, contributing to important design, planning and commissioning work.
Placements with us really do stand you in good stead to tacle your last year at university and the world of work in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Support the project team to co-ordinate the mechanical aspects of projects.
- Undertake site-based commissioning.
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Help us maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Prepare completion documents such as O&M manuals and commissioning plans.
- Work with the supply chain to confirm and approve their drawings and designs and oversee their activity on site.
- Produce design, health and safety and contract documentation.
- Assist with the production of estimates and costs.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- The ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Confidence, self-motivation, and a strong work ethic.
- Good basic IT skills.
- Good communication skills – you’ll need to build a rapport with colleagues across the business, as well as clients and our supply chain.
- A good understanding of basic engineering practices.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time mechanical engineering (or similar) degree, and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for further details on our mechanical engineering placement. We've also put together profiles from recent mechanical engineering placement students, which can be found here.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placement FAQs page.