Electrical Engineering Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for undergraduate placement students to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in electrical engineering.
Electrical engineering at JN Bentley is hands-on from day one; with a very supportive team behind you, you will have the opportunity to work out on site and within the design office environment. In time you will work with minimal supervision and have growing responsibilities as your confidence and skills improve over the placement.
Placements with us really do stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work in the years thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Support the project team to co-ordinate the electrical aspects of our projects.
- Undertake site-based commissioning.
- Liaise with subcontractors and suppliers.
- Help us maintain a world-class safety culture.
- Prepare completion documents such as O&M manuals and commissioning plans.
- Produce design, health and safety and contract documentation.
- Assist with production of estimates and costs.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- The ability to work both in a team and independently.
- Confidence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- The willingness to learn – placements are not only a great way to apply what you’ve already learned in your studies, but pick up a whole raft of new skills too.
- Good basic IT skills
- Good communication skills – you’ll need to build a rapport with colleagues across the business, as well as clients and our supply chain.
- A good understanding of basic engineering practices.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time electrical engineering (or similar) degree, and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for full details of our electrical engineering placement. We've also put together profiles from recent electrical engineering placement students, which can be found here.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placement FAQs page.