Communications & CR Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for an undergraduate placement student to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in communications and marketing.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a unique opportunity to gain a real insight into the role of an in-house communications function. The role is busy and fast-paced and you’ll juggle a variety of tasks. The role will grow over the year and, as your confidence and skills improve, you’ll take on added responsibility that will stand you in great stead to tackle your last year at university and the world of work thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Produce first-class internal and external communications.
- Write copy - lots of great, engaging copy! The key to this is communicating the right messages to the desired audience, whether this be your colleagues or the wider world via the company website or press releases.
- Design the layout of communications so that the reader wants to learn more. Key to this is our monthly internal magazine, of which you’ll manage much of the production.
- Build relationships with colleagues across the company. One day you’ll produce something for one of our construction sites, the next for a director’s presentation.
- The opportunity to produce video content – this is becoming more and more important as a communication tool in our business.
- Oversee the company’s corporate responsibility programme, organising and promoting different initiatives across the business, as well as looking after charitable requests from colleagues.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to produce excellent written English that hits the mark with the audience.
- Creative thinking and an eye for design. A passion for producing communications that look first-class is really important.
- A sense of humour whilst juggling a number of different tasks.
- The ability to work both in a team and independently, always maintaining a strong work ethic.
- A personable approach to work. You’ll need to build a rapport with colleagues across the business and work with them to gather the information we need to produce our communications.
- Experience of MS Office suite, especially PowerPoint, is essential. A basic understanding of other IT systems such as Photoshop and basic video editing would be advantageous but not essential - as long as you have an interest in this field we will help you learn.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time degree in a relevant subject such as communications, marketing, media or English and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for further details on our communications & CR placement.
We've put together a profile from our recent placement student, find out more here.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placements FAQs page.