Training Assistant Placement
We’re currently offering the opportunity for an undergraduate placement student to gain valuable experience and develop a number of key skills that will help you to pursue a career in the business world.
Working at our Head office in Skipton, North Yorkshire, this is a great opportunity to gain a real insight into the world of work, delivering support to our training team.
With a workforce numbering upwards of 900 people, we deliver thousands of hours of important training every year, with our own in-house trainers and with external suppliers. Managing the delivery of this training challenges a number of key skills and will stand you in good stead to tackle your last year at university and career thereafter.
What you'll do:
- Join the training department, providing great support to the team, helping achieve key measures and improve performance.
- Keep accurate training records for all employees.
- Liaise with training providers and site managers to arrange training courses.
- Deal with colleagues across the company at all levels.
- A lot of construction training is mandatory – without it people can’t work on site. You’ll support the important renewals process, ensuring qualifications don’t expire and sites can continue to operate.
- Arrange post-training follow-ups.
- Work with the training budget.
What you'll bring:
- A strong work ethic and proactive approach.
- The ability to prioritise your workload effectively.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour
- Experience of using MS Office and a basic understanding of other IT systems.
- Good communication skills – you’ll need to build relationships with people at all levels of the business.
- Knowledge of the construction industry is desirable, but not essential.
- The paperwork: You must be studying a full time business-related degree, and be eligible to work in the UK.
Please click here for
further details on our Training Assistant Placement.
What are you waiting for? Start your application today by applying online.
Still got some questions? Visit our Placements