Bidding & Estimating | Graduate Scheme
Part of the Mott MacDonald Group, we work with major clients in the water industry and beyond, delivering full feasibility, design, construction and commissioning on challenging schemes across the UK. We’re currently looking for talented graduates to join our busy bidding and estimating teams in Skipton, North Yorkshire and Shifnal, West Midlands.
Our graduate estimators are vital in ensuring we have a constant flow of work into the business. As you gain more experience you’ll work with minimal supervision and an increased level of responsibility, assisting in the preparation, processing and submission of bids. You’ll put your learning from university into practice, supporting colleagues and further developing your skills.
What you'll do:
- Liaise with clients and stakeholders, represent the company at site visits and meetings and provide input into presentations to prospective clients.
- Put together project plans by calculating costs required to meet the client’s technical specifications.
- Participate in the success of the Pre-Qualification Questionnaire submissions to ensure a constant flow of work opportunities into the business.
- Identify and manage costing requirements, including subcontractor enquiries, supplier quotations, and company/industry benchmark costs.
- Assist with the preparation, processing and submission of bids.
- Provide technical administration support to the estimating function to ensure a successful ‘work winning’ outcome.
What you'll bring:
- The ability to work under pressure whilst maintaining a sense of humour.
- The ability to work to tight deadlines whilst juggling a number of different tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence, self-motivation and a strong work ethic.
- A desire to obtain a working knowledge of a wide range of contracts.
- Good numeracy and IT skills, especially in MS Office and an ability to learn specialist software packages (e.g. pricing software).
- And some paperwork: You must be studying a full time engineering/construction/business-related degree, and be eligible to work in the UK.
Take a look at our graduate estimating advert here.
If you are graduating and think this scheme is for you, you can view and apply online.